Frequently Asked Questions
Due to Covid-19, the Photo Enforcement Class is now being offered as an online only class.
This class is a one-time, one-and-a-half-hour course given in a Zoom meeting presentation. To attend this class, you will need a working camera or webcam on either a computer, tablet, or smart phone. If you do not currently have access to a webcam, you will need to address your citation with the court directly.
- No speeding ticket or any Failure to Obey a Traffic Controlled Device (out of state tickets apply) for the THREE years. There are no exceptions to this rule
- You must be a licensed driver, with a legal driver license.
- The citation was issued and spelled correctly in your FIRST and LAST name as it appears on your Driver License.
- You are the registered owner of the vehicle. (OR you were driving a rental car or work vehicle.) -You take this class no later than 14 days before your court date.
- Have a working camera or webcam on a computer, tablet or smartphone with access to internet.
- A working email account to receive emailed notifications and class invite links.
- After you have selected a class date and paid for the class, you must email an attached photo (take a picture) of your citation AND a copy of your driver license (ID) to the following email address: email@example.com
- By sending us these documents, you are allowing us to verify your identity at class. The portion of your citation that should be sent in will say "Uniform Citation and Complaint" at the top.
- These should be sent in immediately after signing up to be given access to the class, but no later than 24 hours before the start of the class or else we will need to reschedule you.
- Your personal information will be used for participation verification only. This information will be removed from the server immediately after class. We do not keep your personal files.
- This class does not require that you have a Zoom account. The link we send you is to create a Temporary Zoom Profile for your class date specifically. This is not the same thing as a Zoom account.?You will receive a link 48 business hours before the start of class to register for your Zoom Profile if you have properly emailed an attached photo of your ID and citation.
- Approval into the Zoom class with the webinar link and password will be emailed to you 1 hour before the start of class. Please check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive the confirmation email.
- Plan to join the class 10 minutes early to allow time for troubleshooting. If you need assistance with joining the Zoom class, please call 971-707-0026.
- Late attendees will be required to reschedule.
- You are required to have a webcam (on either a computer or cell phone) and it is required to be on during the presentation. Please mute your microphone during the presentation.
- You must pay attention in class. Attending the class must be the only activity you are participating in throughout the presentation (i.e. no driving, attending a social gathering, watching a movie, etc.). If you are otherwise distracted, you will be removed from the class and asked to reschedule.
- You are required to be in front of the camera to prove participation in the class for the duration of the class.
- You are granted a 5-minute bathroom break, but you should not be away from the camera longer than the allowed 5 minutes to get full participation credit.
- When it is time to answer the poll questions at the end of class, we ask that you do not give the answers to the poll away via audio or by typing the answers in the group chat. If you do not see the colors, don’t panic, you can email us directly for help!
- You will be emailed a certificate upon completion of the class. Please check Junk/Spam folders as well.
What is Photo Enforcement?
This class is offered in place of your court date to help inform clients that have received a photo radar ticket for speeding or running a red light about traffic laws. By taking this course, you are no longer required to pay for your speeding ticket or attend your court date. Now you will pay for the cost of the class instead and attend a one and half hour online course in place of your court date.
Please note: This class is not free and CLASS PRICES VARY. The price of your class will depend on the classification of your citation. If you have a speeding ticket priced at $170 the class price for you is $125. If you have a speeding ticket priced at $270, your class will class will cost $225. If you have a red-light ticket, the class is $225.
The benefit of this class is that you pay a discounted cost instead of your citation fee and the citation will no longer appear on your driving record. You do have to pay for this class in advance to secure your spot in the class. If you cannot pay with debit or with credit card, please check options at the bottom. Please note: This class is not free. It is offered at a discounted price from the original citation.
If There Are Spelling Errors on Your Citation:
If your name is spelled incorrectly in any way on your citation, or if you have legally changed your name, we ask that you do not sign up for the class just yet. First, we ask that you reach out to the Portland Police Traffic Division by phone to be approved to sign up. Please call 503-823-2209 with any errors. Note: Hyphens, middle names, Jr./Sr. are NOT required. Our office will be notified of your approval.
-If you have had another speeding or Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device citation in the last THREE years.
-If you have taken this class at any other time in the past, in-person or online.
-If your court date is less than 14 days from the date you signed up for class.
-If there are any spelling errors on your citation and you have not called the Portland Police Traffic Division to be approved to attend. If any of the above apply, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS. You do not qualify. Our website allows all clients to enroll regardless of qualifications however, if you sign up for this class and are not qualified, you will be refunded (including a $15 refund fee) and turned away from class. Please ensure that you are qualified for class before proceeding to the payment page.
- If you do not have a working webcam on a computer, tablet or smart phone device, you will not be able to attend this class and we ask that you instead address your ticket with the courts directly.
If any of the above apply, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS. You do not qualify. Our website allows all clients to enroll regardless of qualifications however, if you sign up for this class and are not qualified, you will be charged a $15 processing fee for refund requests and turned away from class. Please ensure that you are qualified for class before proceeding to the payment page.
Once you have signed up for class, you can be rescheduled at any time if needed, so long as you are still outside of the two-week requirement.
We can reschedule you up to THREE times free of charge, however, if you require a fourth reschedule, there will be an additional $50 rescheduling fee charged to the card on account.
If you have missed your scheduled class date, want to reschedule or if you need a refund, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (971)-701-0331 OR (971)-707-0026.
If the citation was not issued in your name or you are not the registered owner of the vehicle, please have the registered owner of the vehicle fill out the CERTIFICATE OF INNOCENCE and return that to the courts. You will receive a follow up warning letter. If your name is not on the citation or you are not the registered owner of the vehicle: You cannot take this class. If you still sign up for this class and want a refund after, there is a $15 processing fee for every refund.
In the event that you received a citation while driving a rental car or while in a company vehicle: We can still allow you in class as long as the company has filled out the certificate of innocence and has had the citation reissued in your name.
In the event that you receive two citations closely together, we will allow you to attend the class for the FIRST citation you received but not for the second citation. On the physical copies of your citations, you will find a location that says "Time and Place" of violation. Whichever citation you received first, you may sign up for class with, so long as all other class qualifications are met.
Due to the restructuring of our class, we currently cannot provide a language translation for this class. Because this class is presented in a Zoom meeting style, you are welcome to have someone watch the class with you and interpret the class for you, as your mic will be muted for the duration of the class. We are also working to update ASL interpreter needs.
We only post two weeks of class dates at a time. What you see posted currently is not all that there will be. If you refer to our website at a later time, we post new class dates at the beginning of every week.
Once you have successfully completed the Photo Enforcement Traffic Safety class, you are no longer required to take any further steps. From here, the courts will be informed of your attendance and your citation will not appear on your driving record. PLEASE NOTE: If the courts have instructed you to take your class certificate to a later scheduled court date, then that will be your final step.
If you do not have a debit or credit card, you can send a check with your first and last name and your phone number attached to our main office in Salem. When we receive your check in the mail, we will call you immediately and get you enrolled over the phone. Please see our 'Contact Us' portion of our website to find our Salem office address.
In the past, our class was held as in-person class only in Portland. For safety and social distancing purposes, our classes are held as on online class only as these classes often have more than what is currently allowed for large groups in public. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we restructure our class for you!
CONTACT THE COURT WITH FURHTER QUESTIONS/COURT DATE INFORMATION:
To contact the court, you can either send in a letter via regular mail (correspondence info can be found at the back of your citation) or email the court directly at the following address:
Mul.TrafficDept@ojd.state.or.us?or call the new Traffic Number at 971-274-0545
Still have questions?
Please reach out to any of the below contacts and someone from our office will get back to you within office hours. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (971)-701-0331 or (971)-707-0026